Hailed as one of the most beautiful places in England, the Lake District in itself is a must see for all, at least once in this lifetime. Whether it’s spending time with friends or surrounding yourself with a beautiful setting and a loved one, the Lake District can offer it all.
Choosing accommodation is ultimately the most important part to any holiday. The question is, would you prefer to be in the middle of town amongst the hustle and bustle? A short walk away? Or somewhere so cosy & hidden away amongst the woodlands? Once you’ve decided on your preference, it’s then a question of which area to habituate.
Those who are interested in history, calming lakes and stunning backdrops will have no doubt heard of Windermere, the largest town within the Lake District. With its haunting halls, 12th century boar stories or of course the famous Lake Windermere itself, Windermere is nothing short of history and beauty. Choosing among Windermere hotels is the key when thinking about how you’d like to spend your break away.
Here are our top 5 tips for things to do in Windermere:
1. It may seem obvious but those looking for pure relaxation away from the world would love taking walks in the woodlands and taking in the beautiful surroundings. Short walks, long routes or explorations by the Lake – it’s your choice on the day.
2. Visiting the famous Lake Windermere is a must! Being the largest lake in England the site is just breathtaking. Take a cruise on the river or a family picnic, just relax and enjoy the views.
3. There are so many historic and magical museums to see. Whether it’s taking the kids to the world of Beatrix Potter, enjoying the Steamboat Museum or reliving history through the Arts & Crafts House it’s sure to bring history and adventure to life.
4. Rowing, sailing & swimming are available in abundance for water lovers. There are so many routes, hop off and hop back or just sit back, relax and enjoy the endless view of the mountains and greenery before you.
5. Treks and tours are plentiful, whether it’s tours of the lakes or the mountains, treks in the woodlands or activity days for the whole family, what better than a day out with nature.
Explore the sites and surroundings whilst being at one with nature in Windermere, take a stroll with the other half or a picnic with the family, you’re sure to make it a holiday to remember.
Lifecruiser Love Lake District